Thursday, October 20, 2011

On offering today...


 You can click on the recipe to make it more readable, I just scanned the one I had cut from the newspaper.  Far easier than typing it out and less chance of error.  The photo is mine.  I will be making it again but next time I will let the pears ripen a bit more.  I seem to have a problem with pears.  I rush.  I didn't have any almond extract so I doubled the vanilla.


 Yesterday Margaret and I took another bus trip with Redeemer College, this time to Niagara on the Lake to see My Fair Lady .  
A back stage tour and lunch were included as well as a lecture on Monday evening. Costumes were amazing, sets inventive and cast delightful.  A grand day out.




This is a fine example of what happens when you hit the take picture button instead of the turn off button.  At least it's in focus.

2 comments:

Jayne said...

That looks yummy, I'll give it a go...right after the pile of pears in my fruit bowl, bought today, ripen properly lol.

Kathleen said...

I have a similar recipe "Pear Crumble" and use canned pears. Works great!
Your day out sounds like great fun!