Thursday, December 11, 2008

Razzle frats

I bought the ingredients. I rechecked the recipe on line and it didn't get glowing reviews. Who needs over sweet fudge that won't set. My desire to have my own homemade goodies is quickly dwindling.

I have a can of sweetened condensed milk (300g) and a package ( 8 squares ) of semi-sweet chocolate. Who has an easy recipe. Note the word easy.

Good thing I didn't rush on the second recipe I was considering.

So far the shortbread is still a possibility.

*major sigh*

7 comments:

jeanie said...

Oooh no! Nothing worse than having plans that don't quite work. I once tried to make truffles. Note to the world - truffles/mid-Summer Australia - do not mix!

ELIZABETH said...

I'm trying to convince myself that that is a good reason for cold weather. It isn't working.

Jayne said...

1.Open the can of condensed milk.
2.Take a spoon.
3.Eat it curled up on the couch with a good book ;)

Kathleen said...

Hmmmm....well, if you can get your hands on more chocolate (and trade the milk for powdered sugar):

Beat together 1 lb. confectioner's
(powdered) sugar and two eggs.

Melt 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate and 1 c. butter. Add to sugar/egg mixture with 1 t. vanilla and beat well. Add chopped nuts if desired. Pour into a greased pan and refrigerate.

I know this uses raw eggs...but everyone I know makes this every year and no issues yet!

ELIZABETH said...

That just curled my teeth Jayne. *grin*

Copied and saved, thanks Kathleen.

Now I just need to get ambitious again.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Jayne. I just love eating condensed milk. The recipes I'm thinking of require more ingredients. Rocky Road comes to mind for the chocolate.

Anonymous said...

oh no, how frustrating!

hope you manage to get something made in the end. if you don't, nevermind. its christma, it wouldn't be worth it to stress.