Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Worth a visit

I have been enjoying this blog over the last month and realized I should share. The photos are great. The recipes mouthwatering. A view into life on a working ranch in the USA through the eyes and words of a very amusing woman.

Make sure you scroll back to past entries.....it's worth the time.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/

Books:

The Empress of Weehawken by Irene Dische, was a "give it a try" from the library and I really enjoyed it. Worth watching for.

Terminal by Andrew Vachss was a tad intense but I will continue to follow Burke and his "family" at least for now.

Movies:

Pan's Labyrinth, I wasn't as impressed as I had expected to be.

The Prestige, started slow but captured my interest partway along. Decent enough for a movie night at home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh! her photography is gorgeous!!!! thanks for sharing :)

loubank said...

You won't have to follow Burke and his family very far, Elizabeth. Next week, Andrew Vachss' 18th and *final* Burke novel, ANOTHER LIFE, goes on sale. It's a beautiful ending; if you liked TERMINAL, you'll love this. Enjoy!