Sunday, May 20, 2007

What a lovely way to spend a Saturday


It couldn't have been a nicer day for working outside so we took full advantage of it.
I grabbed a snack after returning from exercise class, put on my shorts, headed out to cut the grass. Looking lush after all the recent rain and cool temperatures. I love the garden this time of year.
The back lawn was still damp from the morning dew so I planted my herbs: thyme, sweet basil, hot and spicy oregano and rosemary. With my French tarragon, that returns every year, I have it just about covered.
Next my tomatoes got planted. Eight plants, two varieties. Hurry up and grow. I love freshly picked tomatoes.
After a quick lunch Paul cut the back grass while I watered the reseeded areas out front.
Since the hose was out Paul decided Stephen's car really could do with a wash so he backed it out of the garage and got started. Wasn't long before S. arrived out to help. I call the photo....father and son bonding.
I made the little garden patch around my maple tree a bit larger and then decided I'd had enough. Dirty finger nails, slightly sore back and an overpowering need for a shower.
Finished off the day with dinner at my sister Barbara's.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

You've all been very industrious!! A satisfying weekend by the sounds of it!

jeanie said...

See, all that stuff sounds like a fantasy here - in two parts.

A fantasy because it is something I dream of accomplishing but never quite did (like the yard work), and a fantasy because with water restrictions, car washing is now frowned upon (which actually worries me little - I didn't need the excuse!).

I am glad you had a great day!