Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Little bits

The paper today had a small article about a used bookshop owner in Missouri, who having amassed about 20,000 books in a warehouse, has started to thin out his collection by publicly burning them.

Seems he can't sell them or give them away, so he thinks by burning them he'll highlight society's diminished support for the printed word.

Sorry sir but you are wrong. The problem you face is the same as many used bookshop. There are just too many copies out there that people chose not to keep. Shame on you for not recycling. Support your local library and buy only what you want to keep.

.......

The bunny has either moved on or been chased off by one of the more aggressive cats in the neighbourhood. We have some savage beasts roaming free.

..........

The weather is perfect so yet again a reason not to stay inside and work on the bathroom. I'd probably be a bit more inclined to get it done if Paul would get around to ordering the vanity. It's all about measuring and that's not something I want to be take on. Precise matters and I'm a rounder not an exacter. Maybe I need to practice. Nagging effectively is a learned art.

...........

Still exercising. Haven't dropped even an ounce. I feel good, things fit better but would it be asking too much just to see a drop when I step on the scale. If one more person tells me muscle weighs more, I just might start to sob. Yes, I could give up my ice cream and chocolate but then life wouldn't be worth living.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You can't burn books! Wrong wrong wrong!

Give them to charity, anything. There's always going to be someone who will read it.

*sob!*

ELIZABETH said...

Buck up girl.

I bet there is someone in his town who will save them and find them a nice home.

strauss said...

I agree, that is wrong!
The only books that get tossed in the bin at our place are those that have been so over-read and taped back together that they are now beyond repair, mostly kids books, the rest get passed on to friends, or given to charity, my favourites are kept, and yes, the library is a wonderful place to try before you buy.
Burning books... sheesh.