Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Meltdown

Nothing worse than sitting down at the computer and discovering you can't connect to the Internet, my new high speed Internet. My connection to the world of blogs.

I hauled out my point-by-point-instructional-dictated-by-son notebook and figured I could handle it. He'd walked me through it. Blue, white...rest... white, blue. That's the order for unplugging and replugging the router and the cable connection box. Nothing. Still that big red X. Mocking me.

I would have called him at work but can you imagine him in the middle of filming, "wait please, my mother has a computer issue". Not likely

So what did I do after obsessing far longer than is healthy? I got out the vacuum cleaner and I cleaned. Didn't make me feel any better. In fact it made me feel worse.

My husband and my son hang on to everything. Really.

It becomes even more apparent when I clean. It annoys me. It makes me mad. They save junk. I know because I profess to be the expert and they don't listen. Probably a bad idea letting men think they have any independence when I do all the housework.

Breathe Elizabeth breathe.

Keeping Stephen well fed and in clean clothes just paid off. He has me up and running. He must have magic fingers or a scent of compentency that my laptop can detect. He pulled a plug, reset it and it worked.

Good son, he noticed the missing dust bunnies.

1 comment:

Rootietoot said...

Oh mercy, I hate it when that happens. #2 has a similar aura, and can make anything electronic do backflips and mix drinks.