Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Lunching with Bev.


 A long natter, a few hugs and a nice opportunity to spend some time together.

We do like good food and we certainly ate well at lunch today and it was amazing to see what they had done re-purposing and rebuilding  an old mill.

It was our first, and hopefully not the last, lunch since George's funeral.   Having made the trip in the past with Paul I found the drive easy even with the 2 detours for road construction.  I must however bone up on north, south, east and west.  They neglected to put up signs that said....hey Elizabeth this is the way to Cambridge don't worry what direction you need to turn.   I noted landmarks for the trip home.

Cambridge Mill

Bev with her soup of the day.  Cream of broccoli and potato.

My spring garden salad with Ice wine vinaigrette. Loved the mushrooms.

Chicken, cilantro and white cheese stone baked pizza.  Mine.

Bev.'s was mushroom.

Seeing as I was driving and passed on the wine I felt it necessary to have dessert.  Lavender panna cotta with pistachio biscotti.  The coffee was excellent. I had seconds.

View from out table.  Some rain drops on the window.  The rain lasted all of 3 minutes.

Slightly different angle.























1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I've been missing you! Good to know you're still here. :-) Looks like a wonderful lunch, and time well spent with a friend.