Tuesday, September 29, 2009

One week after

I itch. I itch all around the stitches and under the tape that is still sticking like new.

There is still tenderness and swelling but otherwise I feel great. In the end I had no need for the painkillers.

I am beyond sitting and giving instructions. I let Paul handle anything that's heavy or requires reaching high but otherwise I'm back to doing some chores, like peeling potatoes.

We watched Lost in Austin last night and I was quite surprised that Paul settled into it and that Stephen wandered in and joined us. They missed some of the nuances, not being familiar with Pride and Prejudice, but got right into the story. Watching it on DVD was much better than catching it in small segments on TV.

The leaves are changing and one of the trees up the street is dropping leaves at a furious rate. The high winds and the stormy skies yesterday kept me at the window. Autumn can be so pretty.

I need to make a run to the library. I'm bookless again having read everything worthwhile and discarding the who-cares into my library bag.

5 comments:

Rootietoot said...

I'm so glad you're healing well :o)

Leenie said...

Itching is supposed to be a sign of healing, right? I'm glad you are up and around. You are going to have to pace yourself at the library. No heavy lifting. ;)

Jayne said...

When you're able to remove the tape (or change it) use cream or the special adhesive remover rather than bravely ripping it right off.
Itching is a good sign, just keep an eye on the area where the tape is that you don't develop reddened/irritated looking skin as it can be a sign you aren't tolerating the tape (it's quite a common complaint, gawd-only knows what they use in the stuff!).
Been ultra-windy this side of the world, too, Spring equinox for us just passed ;)

Unknown said...

If you use olive oil on the wounds it helps with the itch and the removal of the sticky tape. It is better than lotion that has all sorts of chemicals which have a potential to burn not soothe. If you can eat it you can also use it safely on your skin.
Aesthetician here :)

jeanie said...

I have missed quite a bit - had no idea you were even in hospital, let alone recovering.

Hugs (but very gentle not itchy hugs)