Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New month, new date


We have seen finches in our tree and have heard them singing. Today a young member of the family sat quite still on the fence as I crept close with my camera. I love the tufts of feathers around his head.

After cutting the grass I noticed he had disappeared but an adult was in the area calling out. I watched and listened as they tried to find each other in the trees.

I've had another call from the doctor's office and I am re-booked for Sept. 22. Still no guarantees but at least I know that any wait should be weeks rather than months.

I think the chocolate will last til then. If not I'll buy more.

4 comments:

Rootietoot said...

Best stock up on chocolate just in case. You can never be too prepared.

Nice bird! He looks like my 3rd son.

Leenie said...

LOL--"looks like my third son"

FUN photo of the little guy. Good luck for a short wait on the other.

Jayne said...

Love the photo, very cute chick!

Good to know hospitals are the same all over the world, you'd get the same story here in Oz.
Fingers crossed for you that the dates don't keep disappearing down the rabbit hole!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous pic of the finch! :D