Sunday, August 9, 2009
The door project is done. I just have to remind Paul to paint the inside doorplate and knob now to match the outside. I found a rather nice metallic paint and he is the master of the spray can.
Yesterday and today I dried herbs. Everything was growing faster than I could use fresh so rather than waste I tried the microwave method from this English magazine article.
I thought I'd be filling jar after jar but once dried the herbs seem rather sparse after all the work. Oh well, the house smelled interesting. Tarragon, basil and summer savory done, thyme still to do.
My one small dill plant got a trim for use on the salmon I cooked tonight. Not enough of a difference from the dried so I won't worry if the plant dies over winter.
the page will open full size when clicked so you can read the different options ... I found my herbs took longer to dry so I added time as needed