Wednesday, October 3, 2007

New stuff

Took Paul to the movies on Monday night to see Across the Universe. We had seen the previews when we saw Stardust, he doesn't remember, and I knew it was a movie I wanted to see on the big screen. It was wonderful. The story is told in Beatle music and great visuals. I am not a huge fan but the way the songs were used and the cast singing them made it sparkle. I highly recommend this movie........true entertainment.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Across_the_Universe_(film)On Tuesday we went to the LCBO ( Liquor Control Board of Ontario ) store to pick up some beer for Paul. I saw this on the shelf and bought one. I'm not a beer drinker but couldn't resist. My almost $4.00 bottle of raspberry beer formed a pink head and did taste like fresh raspberries. Interesting. Perhaps next year when they make a new batch I'll have another.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that film looks quite cool - i'll keep an eye out for it!

framboise is nice, isn't it. we have a pub or two here which has european beers on tap. i think they've had framboise there at one stage... at the moment they have frulli, which is (as the name suggests) a mixture of fruit. it tastes mostly of berries and cherries and stuff. very cool!

Tracey said...

I'd put money on never ever being able to convince my husband to try berry flavoured beer! Even me too... it's kind of like blasphemy isn't it?

Kathleen said...

Hmmmm...berry flavored BEER? I don't know about that...but I'll bet it's better than the GRAVY flavored ale brought to one of our Thankgsgiving dinners! DISGUSTING.

I'd like to see that movie, but there's not much hope of getting my hubby there unless I can convince him it's a SCI-FI flick. Any aliens in that universe? Didn't think so.....

ELIZABETH said...

Kathleen...there is a short helicopter scene. Not enough to attract him?? *grin* I'll go to an afternoon showing alone if it's one I really want to see.