Tomato Garden Pasta Makes 8 servings A perfect recipe now that my tomatoes are ripe and my basil is in full flourish.
Next time I'll leave out the beans, use multicoloured pasta and play around with the amount of garlic and cheese. I left out the chives as they aren't a favourite in our household and I adjusted the amounts to serve 3 adults.
* 5 cups (1.25 mL) uncooked bow tie pasta
* 1/2 lb (225 g) fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces
* 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
* 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
* 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
* 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
* 1 1/2 lb (675 g) tomatoes, seeded and chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced chives
* 4 1/2 tsp (22 mL) minced fresh basil
* 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled feta cheese
Cook the pasta according to package directions, adding beans during the last 5 to 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic, chives and basil. Drain pasta mixture and add to tomato mixture; toss to coat.
Serve warm. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
Approximate nutrition per serving: 230 calories, 6 g fat, 8 g protein, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fibre