Thursday, June 7, 2007

Yesterday, when all my troubles

This is Stephen late yesterday afternoon, using my computer. I suppose that when T-shirt and jeans are your regular attire there could be a dressing-down problem on a work from home day. He probably doesn't do it on purpose to drive me nuts ......but then ????? He's back in the office today and I have my computer and spot at the kitchen table back. This is Paul yesterday afternoon removing the trim from around our front door, the trim I want to keep and have re installed because it matches the rest of the house. Paul always has the patience to work carefully and neatly, so it went well.
The picture you don't see is me breaking the lawnmower just as I start cutting the back yard. A spring broke and it just died, but for a minute there I was prepared to think I'd done something wrong. Trust me that's very possible.
Paul has taken it apart and has a call in to find new parts. Is that possible when the machine is 33 years old?

4 comments:

jeanie said...

A 33 year old mower? Moley, that wouldn't have too many moving parts, would it? Doesn't that come into the category of being able to be fixed by a bloke with an old bedspring converted for the purpose?

Tracey said...

That's an antique isn't it! Thing is, will you be able to find the parts to fix it?!

ELIZABETH said...

Parts found and purchased. This isn't the first time he's rebuilt the thing.

He likes keeping old things around and running. He often says that's why I'm still here.

Truth be told his ability to fix things is why he's still here.

*grin*

Michelle said...

He's like Macgyver!