Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The effects of rain

We finally had some rain. Not nearly enough to satisfy my thirsty lawn but enough to draw me outside with my camera to take some flower pictures.

The neighbour's white rosebush grows through the fence so I get to share the beauty.
The lilies are mine. I have a small garden area dedicated to several varieties. This one is the first to bloom. I probably have the tag for it somewhere, but off hand can't remember the name.

The one photo I don't have is of Stephen's right ankle and foot. I did try but he waved me off. He was rushing back to his car because of the rain and managed a mighty twist in a puddle/pothole. He had a 3 1/2 hour drive home in stop and go traffic and looked beyond miserable when he arrived.

Thankfully after a phone consult with the doctor's office, he is now sitting in emergency waiting to have a professional check it out. Tricky things feet and ankles. Lots of little bones and tendons and things, all capable of causing major difficulties if not tended to properly.


.......he arrived home 4 1/2 hours later with crutches, his foot wrapped and a diagnosis: flake fracture.