Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Why I hate the TV news

Child dies as a result of an accident in a school bus. TV reporter is at the hospital and shoves the mike into the aunt's face ( parents don't speak much English ) and we have 5 minutes of tears and running nose and sorrow. This is news?

Over and over and over again footage from Virginia Tech. How often can I see it without finding it boring and how much more can you find to say so there isn't a pause over the visuals?

We get to see the blood shot eyes of the abused dog and hear him whine. The sad thing is that they will get more adoption requests and donations then for the needy families in the area.

Blood, carnage, inhumanity. Let's make it sensational. In my face, in my living room.

Click. Just turned you off!

I'm not thrilled with the newspaper either. Probably why I read the comics.

3 comments:

Sweet Daddio said...

You know what's funny? I read BBC news online (BBC North America) because it tends to be less sensationalistic. Now I'm over here in england, and the BBC is extremely sensational and CNN is (almost) objective.

I am tired of the coverage of the Va Tech story and how every talking head at BBC is convinced that our 2nd amendment is responsible.

ELIZABETH said...

sd: It's always interesting to see how a different country covers a story from your home.

Canadian news and papers tend to agree with the BBC.

shishyboo said...

That goes for Australian media too