Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Merry Christmas


What a lovely bird. It hasn't been eaten yet but is carved and waiting in the fridge for our company to arrive tomorrow. Nice hot accompaning dishes are also on the menu.
Tonight, December 25th, Paul and I dined on tender steak, salad and roasted zucchini served with a wonderful red wine from the region of France we visited this summer.
It has been nice. A quiet day that started with us opening our gifts and then Stephen heading out after lunch to share Christmas dinner with Eva and her family.
Tomorrow Paul's sister Ruth, husband Themis, my sister Barbara, Stephen and Eva will join us to eat my finely roasted bird and open even more presents.
It's not the date that counts, it's the being together.
I will probably eat and drink too much but will I care?
Not likely.

No comments: