Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Hangers

Was I the only one in the world today organizing my plastic hangers in the laundry room by colour and size?

Probably.

It's not that I make a habit of it but I was waiting for the dryer to stop and it was something to do rather than just staring at the bare lightbulb, the light bulb that will not likely ever have a shade.

I did get to thinking, about how I like to hang things on hangers so the fronts all face right and how all the hangers get hung the same way over the bar. How I will refold my underwear if Paul folds and puts away the laundry. How I've been know to rearrange closets into long sleeve and short sleeve sections but have spared myself colour grouping, although I do that with Paul's and Stephen's socks. I have such a rainbow that mine just seem content to look bright and cheerful when I open my drawer.

Do you suppose that imposing great order on some things in our lives gives us the freedom to ignore it elsewhere ?

I do.

That's why I have no idea what's at the back of my junk drawer.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Well, I don't know about anyone else in the world, but you can safely assume that I wasn't arranging my clothes hangers in any way. Maybe I should. Would that inspire me to greater organisation in the rest of my house?

ELIZABETH said...

Not likely. I often wonder when I started doing it. At one time I though things just need to hang over the backs of chairs.