Sunday, February 27, 2011

Snow on the ground but music in my ears

Follow the arrow to Kathy. We exercise together at the gym.

 The Bach Elgar Choir  performed, Great Opera Choruses in the auditorium at the Royal Botanical gardens this afternoon.  They were joined by three soloist and I was particularly thrilled with mezzo soprano Erica Iris Huang.  With only a piano for accompaniment the hall was filled with voices producing incredible music.

In May they are performing Handel's  Judas Maccabeus and I intent to attend.  This time it will be in a local church, their normal venue.


I had gone early so I could visit the gardens but my leg just wasn't up to the wandering.  I did manage a few flower snaps as I made my way to the exit.

2 comments:

Jayne said...

What a lovely outing and thank you for sharing the lovely blooms! :)

ericairis said...

Dear Elizabeth,
Pleased to know you enjoyed the concert! I'll be singing with the Bach Elgar again on May 28th! Check their website for details. Best, -eih