Sunday, November 23, 2008

Dressing up



I'd forgotten just how awkward they are to put on. Pantyhose. A curse and a blessing.

Run one leg and they are done.

No need for garters.

Third pair lucky. Thankfully I had a stockpile in the back of a drawer and found a pair without runs, the right colour that fit, so dressing for the wedding last night was relatively easy. My black skirt was a good buy years ago as it seems to hold up well to most dress up occasions and I managed with Paul's help to find the perfect new top at a very reasonable price. I hate spending money on clothes and hate it even more when it might be for something I will seldom wear.

I do think I need to find a more up to date pair of black dress shoes though. sigh I hate shopping from shoes even more.

It was a lovely service and reception. More food than we could finish and extremely tasty. The bridal pair ( groom = son of very good neighbours ) decided not to have a traditional cake. Instead they had a multi tiered server of 3 different flavoured cupcakes iced in the wedding colours.

We didn't dance, never do, but we did talk and sip decent wine. An enjoyable evening.

4 comments:

Jayne said...

Oh, that sounds like a lovely, civilised wedding.

ELIZABETH said...

Is there any other kind??

Formal still seems to be very in around here.

Anonymous said...

yup, being a woman is definitely a lot harder than being a man. we don't have to worry about stockings or make-up or our weight or any of that stuff!

glad you enjoyed the evening.

jeanie said...

lol - my view of pantyhose is best summed up by my word verification - "dangedi"

They are great for tomatoes, though!