Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I got out the iron today



Iron before taking to the framers, so said my sister Catherine when she returned this finished piece to me yesterday. I'd like to say I made it myself but it's not likely I'd be believed.

I saw the kit while shopping with Cath. before Christmas and she offered her eldest daughter's talents. I didn't hesitate for a second.

Terrific isn't it!

Thank you Leila.



Thought you would appreciate a closeup of the stitches.

I can't even begin to imagine the patience and precision involved. Not something I could ever do.






I should probably tell you I did iron two of Paul's shirts while I was at it and yes, I did iron a small crease in each so people would notice that I had done something domestic.

Am I the only one who plays games with chores?

3 comments:

Tracey said...

My maternal grandparents - my grandfather in particular - used to do tapestries. I have one on my wall in the bedroom. I stumbled across a valuation for it a while back, and I couldn't believe how much it was worth.

That does look beautiful, that one, E. And beautifully done.

I don't need to deliberately iron creases in things.. it happens anyway...

Lib1 said...

What a clever girl Leila is! It's great to treasure something made specially for you.
I avoid ironing as much as possible, still there are some things that have to be ironed. When Sarah was away recently I found myself faced with boys school shirts... yuck!

shishyboo said...

play games with household chores? hmmm, after reading somewhere on a blog that housework isn't worth doing unless you have an audience, I save most of mine until my husband is home and he can witness my hard work. *sometimes* he even gets the guilts and gives me a hand

ps I iron on a needs basis only and only then for special occasions.